Your Ad Here
0 Plus Temp Mail Service 777 Store Service

2011年1月19日 星期三

Peaks of former Miss Wales bodybuilder pray at the battle of drink

August 22, 2010, Last updated at 07 Sharon Naylor: 56 GMT Sharon Naylor has been devoid of alcohol for eight months to former Miss Wales bodybuilding champion and recovering alcoholic took part in a challenge for mountain climbing three peaks to support the group that helped to drink her stop.

Sharon Naylor, 40, from Llanelli, won the title of bodybuilding in his early 20s, but had begun to drink from 24.

She raised money for the support team turning alcohol abuse.

Climbers Welsh three peaks of the Group fundraised for your special baby care unit in Carmarthen.

MS. Naylor, who has two children, entered his first bodybuilding competition at the age of 20.

"Then the contest of Miss Wales and won this too," he said.

"A lesion of the spinal column stopped me from continuing and I started running for runners Sosban Road in Llanelli.

"We have won many events as a team and are trained every morning.

"At the age of 24 he was married and had two children. I was happy to stay at home, as I wanted to continue my education, so I started to drink ".

Sharon Naylor in her early 20sMS. Naylor bodybuilding competitions won before injury forced to retire

The marriage broke up and moved into the House, make friends with other heavy drinkers.

It wasn't until he moved again in 2008, far from other drinkers that began to recover.

He sought help from Prism alcohol and drug advisory service in Llanelli and was referred to turning point last year.

"Would become a very angry person through drink," he said. "Recognized and was offered consultancy managing anger. I realized it was the drink that I was angry. I also had a few mainstream consultancy.

"Among other things, I realized I was interested in me advice. Consequently, I began a course of study. I learned a great deal about myself, and I found so motivating.

MS. Naylor, who hasn't had a drink for eight months and treated for bipolar disorder, also became involved with the Ramblers and found the theraputic exercise, as well as useful for the preparation of three peaks challenge.

Ascent Friday saw participants pick up Snowdon, Idris ng and Penyfan.

MS. Naylor said: "I think that is active, as I was in my younger days, keeps me motivated and happy. Overall, things are looking better and better.

"I am closer to my children that I was before, and my family is proud of me to be the turning point.

"I've got my lows but I'm learning to cope-I feel on the road to recovery".

Carmarthenshire turning point is supported by the Big Lottery Fund. The ascent of money go to the Group and special care baby unit of West Wales General Hospital in Carmarthen.


View the original article here

沒有留言:

張貼留言